The fifth annual, 2011 Bike To Work Day takes place Friday May 6th. This is the day to get your fair-weather, summer-only cycling friends to get on their bikes and ride in to work. There will be seven energy stations at key points around the downtown core where cyclists will be handed goodies, and there is a pancake breakfast taking place at Eau Claire for all riders.
Join in the fun! Full details at the Bike-To-Work Day website.
Will you be participating as a rider, or perhaps as a volunteer? I'll be at the Centre St. & 2 Ave station, so stop on by and say hello!
The seven Pedal Energy Pit Stop Stations enroute to your destination are listed below, and shown in the map further below.
- Bow River LRT Bridge – on south side of Bow River near 10 St. SW
- Prince’s Island Bridge
- Fort Calgary on 9th Ave. SE (at Elbow River Bridge)
- 8th Ave. & 8th St. SW (north of railway underpass)
- 10th Ave. & 4th St. SW (across from Mansion Nightclub)
- Pathway on the north side of the river east of Edmonton Trail
- Centre Street and 2nd Ave S.W.