The Cycling Strategy includes three new positions with the City tasked with plannign and implementing new bicycle infrastructure in Calgary. The Cycling Coordinator positon was advertised a month ago, now the City's hiring a Traffic Engineer. Closing date is April 5.
Job Opening ID: 200600
The City of Calgary
These positions are responsible for designing and managing engineering projects for the Traffic Division, as well as analyzing and optimizing coordinated signal networks and isolated traffic signals. Primary duties include:
- Design and implementation of new traffic projects and bike facilities, and revision/modifications to existing traffic and bike facilities.
- Establish cost estimates, create work orders and requisitions and coordinate construction activity.
- Analyze and optimize signalized transportation corridors and isolated signalized intersections.
- Apply specialized knowledge of traffic signal controller programming in complex and unique signal.
- Operations involving several distinctive types of controllers.
- Other related duties as required.
Success in this position requires excellent interpersonal, communication and listening skills. Must have the ability to read and understand technical information, demonstrated problem solving skills, and the ability to prioritize work.