Current Opportunity – Ward Ride Coordinator
Bike Calgary is looking for a Ward Ride Coordinator to build on our past success engaging City Councillors and staff on bike rides in multiple wards. Full details: Ward Ride Coordinator – Position Description
Volunteers are Vital to our Success
Bike Calgary is a volunteer-run, non-profit organization whose mission is to make Calgary a great place for all bikers – present and future – through advocacy, education and community. We are looking for volunteers to help this mission be a success.
Bike Calgary understands how important our volunteers are to our success and we appreciate the value of your time. We show this appreciation by
- making sure there is purpose and meaning behind every task,
- ensuring you know the time commitment, timeline and actions for each task, and
- connecting you with an experienced volunteer to provide support.
If you would like to be part of the volunteer team to help make Calgary a great place for all bikers, contact us today.
Once you contact us, your name and email address will be added to our volunteer list.
Some ways to Volunteer
- Promote cycling in Calgary by being at our info table during community events, handing out freezies on our pathways, putting out fliers on bikes not properly locked.
- Represent your community by becoming a Ward Rep.
- Review the website for errors.
- Generate content for the website and social media by writing reviews on bike news articles, creating info pages for other cyclists or writing posts.
- Report on our bike pathways when you see things of concern or things that are going great.
- Submit your bike-related photos to be used on our website.
- Help to raise funds for Bike Calgary.
- Provide support at events such as our annual YYC Bike Awards & Gala and Winter Bike to Work Day.
Benefits of Volunteering with Bike Calgary
- Improving cycling in Calgary.
- Making social connections with other cyclists.
- Learning more about cycling in Calgary, including in-depth knowledge from other cyclists.
- Gaining work experience through your tasks, including a reference letter for your volunteer tasks, if requested.
- Recognition from Bike Calgary, including mention in web posts, social media, and at events.