Thank you all for the responses to date. The Twitter activity has been great and CBC carried the story in the link below.
Unfortunately, the City decided to re-open Memorial and the lower deck of Center Street this morning, without any prior public communication. Ironically, the rather large “social distancing” notice remains planted in the middle of the pathway, which in itself isn’t wide enough to pass within these requirement. Traffic on Memorial at 7.15am this morning was comparable to that of the pathway.
Our current list of #sharedstreets are:
– Riverfront Ave (1 St to 2nd St)
– Memorial Drive (9 St to just east of Centre Street)
– Centre Street Lower Deck
– 8th St SW (10th Ave to 17th Ave)
– 11th St SW (12th Ave to 17th Ave)
– Elbow Dr SW (Elbow River bridge near Riverdale Ave to 5th St)
– Crowchild Tr SW (Glenmore Park to 66th Ave SW)
– Ogden Rd SE (42nd Ave SE bridge over Bow)
– Crescent Rd NW (1st St NW to 7a St NW)
– 12th Ave SE (Olympic Way SE to MacDonald Ave SE)
– 12th St SE (9th Ave SE to approx. 21st Ave SE)