Join us for 5 days of winter bike fun!
February 13-17, 2020
Winterpalooza is almost here and there are some fantastic events already on the calendar. Below is a round up of events listed as of Sunday, Feb 9. All times and details are subject to change and don’t forget to check the festival calendar for new events!
THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 13
- 6:00pm Winter Biking 101 | A panel discussion to help alleviate your fears and give you the confidence to join other Winterpalooza rides. Perfect for fair weather riders looking to extend their two-wheel season. Drinks and food available for purchase.
- 6:15pm Hot Chocolate Ride | Bike around and try some specialty hot chocolates at yet to be determined locations because it’s YYC Hot Chocolate Fest. Note there is a cost associated with this ride (buying your drinks).
FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 14
- 7:00am Winter Bike To Work Day | Join us and other vendors at Eau Claire mall from 7:00-9:00am.
- 5:00pm Snow Suit and Scotch Ride! | It’s an outdoor adventure where you drink scotch.
- 6:30pm Valentine’s Ride Bonfire | Don’t forget your marshmallows, hot bevvies and warm clothes before you bike to The Rise on St. Patrick’s Island for a bonfire. Suitable for all ages and abilities.
THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 13
- 11:00am 3ByBike | 3 Breweries in 3 brewing districts – details still TBA. Note there is a cost associated with this ride (buying your drinks).
- 11:00am The Beltline Bonspiel at Lougheed House | Bike in comfort to this free, family friendly outdoor event happening right off of the downtown cycle tracks. Expect beer gardens, live music, food trucks and more.
SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 16
- 10:00am Show Your Bike Some Winter Love | Bring your salty, dirty winter bike to the Servpro car wash and get it sparkling clean. Rags and scrub brushes to be provided, lube for post-wash prep is not.
- 2:45pm Spoke and Word | Listen to, share, and possibly contribute to poems about the city, cycling, winter, and/or personal landscapes. This ride is always popular and is open to riders from all ages and abilities.
MONDAY, FEBRUARY 17
- 9:45am Family Day Fun | If you have littles with you on this holiday Monday, bike with them on this casual ride that takes you along the Bow River Pathway. There will be a stop for treats and a stop at a playground.
Don’t see an event that speaks to you? Host your own! Here’s a link to our Ride Guide to get started.
The options are endless! Here’s a link to our archived festival calendars for you to check out what rides have been done in the past. Once you have an idea, put if in our Festival Calendar, and don’t forget to tell everyone!
Don’t want to bike but want to join in on the fun? That’s awesome! Feel free to meet people at the final destination of the event.
***ADD THIS CALENDAR TO YOUR OWN
Download the .ics file from the link below, open it and pick which events you want to add to your own calendar. cyclepalooza.ca/festival.ics